A Pennsylvania woman charged for one murder told a local newspaper she has killed almost two dozen people across the country as part of her involvement in a Satanic cult.
Originally charged along with her newlywed husband for the murder of a man she connected with on Craigslist, Miranda Barbour said in a jailhouse interview that she has killed at least 22 other people from Alaska to North Carolina, and said that if released she would kill again, reports the Associated Press.
The 19-year-old claimed she joined a satanic cult in Alaska at the age of 13 before moving to North Carolina, and said she has killed people in Alaska, Texas, North Carolina and California.
Barbour and her husband Elytte Barbour, 22, admitted Miranda had stabbed the Craigslist victim in the front seat of her car while Elytte held a cord around his neck.
“I feel it is time to get all of this out. I don’t care if people believe me. I just want to get it out,” Barbour told the Daily Item.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.