There’s still more than a month’s wait until the arrival of Free Donut Day. So for now the free pretzels served up hot and salty on Saturday will have to suffice.
National Pretzel Day might not have quite the magnetic, indulgent pull of Free Slurpee Day, Free (Ice Cream) Cone Day, or the mother of all gluttonous marketing giveaways, National Donut Day, but hey, a freebie’s a freebie.
Here’s where and how to score a free pretzel on Saturday, April 26, a.k.a. National Pretzel Day 2014:
Philly Pretzel Factory. Every one of this company’s 135 stores around the country is giving out one free pretzel per guest on Saturday. The goal set by the company is to hand out a staggering one million free pretzels this year.
Pretzelmaker. All customers at participating locations of this chain—found in malls throughout the country—are welcomed to enjoy a free soft pretzel, in a choice of salted or unsalted. Pretzelmaker expects to give out some 65,000+ free pretzels on Saturday, while raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: Customers are “encouraged (but not obligated)” to make a donation while picking up their free pretzels.
Snyder’s of Hanover. At nine locations around the U.S., including the St. Louis Zoo and Boston’s Faneuil Hall, Snyder’s is dishing out free pretzel pieces in a variety of flavors—Honey Mustard & Onion, Bacon Cheddar, Hot Buffalo Wing, and so on.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating