An Australian man is under arrest Friday after he allegedly caused a hijacking alert on a Virgin Australia flight headed from Brisbane to the Indonesian holiday island of Bali.
A Bali Air Force commander says the 28-year-old man was drunk and started pounding on the cockpit door. Crew members later seized and handcuffed the man, who was identified as Matt Christopher Lockley.
Airport officials said that the Bali airport resumed normal operations later in the day after being shut down for several hours.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time