An Australian man is under arrest Friday after he allegedly caused a hijacking alert on a Virgin Australia flight headed from Brisbane to the Indonesian holiday island of Bali.
A Bali Air Force commander says the 28-year-old man was drunk and started pounding on the cockpit door. Crew members later seized and handcuffed the man, who was identified as Matt Christopher Lockley.
Airport officials said that the Bali airport resumed normal operations later in the day after being shut down for several hours.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy