Indonesian authorities have arrested a passenger who allegedly tried to enter the cockpit during a Virgin Australia flight from Brisbane to Bali on Friday.
There were earlier fears that the incident was a highjacking attempt, after a representative of the Indonesian Air Force described it as such to a local TV station. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, however, Virgin has denied any such attempt took place.
The passenger was subdued and handcuffed while still on the 737-800 aircraft, and is now in police custody in Bali.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org