Ellen Page, the Oscar-nominated star of Juno, has come out as gay.
At a Las Vegas conference Friday held by the Human Rights Campaign to support L.G.B.T. youth, Page told an audience straightforwardly, “I’m here today because I am gay.”
She received a standing ovation for her speech, in which she talked about wanting to serve as an example for other gay youth:
Page came out less than a week after Michael Sam, the University of Missouri football player and NFL prospect, announced he is gay. Sam would be the first openly gay player active in the football league if he is drafted.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears