Ellen Page, the Oscar-nominated star of Juno, has come out as gay.
At a Las Vegas conference Friday held by the Human Rights Campaign to support L.G.B.T. youth, Page told an audience straightforwardly, “I’m here today because I am gay.”
She received a standing ovation for her speech, in which she talked about wanting to serve as an example for other gay youth:
Page came out less than a week after Michael Sam, the University of Missouri football player and NFL prospect, announced he is gay. Sam would be the first openly gay player active in the football league if he is drafted.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time