Team USA’s men’s hockey team defeated Russia in a dramatic penalty shootout Saturday morning, after regulation play kept the game’s score at 2-2.
Cam Fowler and Joe Pavelski scored the regulation goals for the United States in the preliminary round game, and T.J. Oshie scored four times on six tries in an eight-round shootout for the United States.
A late goal from Russia was disallowed in the third period because the net was knocked off its moorings. The Olympics host team’s goalie Sergei Bobrovsky made two notable saves against U.S. forward Patrick Kane in overtime.
- 'When in God's Name Are We Going to Stand Up to the Gun Lobby?' Biden, Anguished, Reacts to Texas School Massacre
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.