Team USA’s men’s hockey team defeated Russia in a dramatic penalty shootout Saturday morning, after regulation play kept the game’s score at 2-2.
Cam Fowler and Joe Pavelski scored the regulation goals for the United States in the preliminary round game, and T.J. Oshie scored four times on six tries in an eight-round shootout for the United States.
A late goal from Russia was disallowed in the third period because the net was knocked off its moorings. The Olympics host team’s goalie Sergei Bobrovsky made two notable saves against U.S. forward Patrick Kane in overtime.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org