Hockey player Jordin Tootoo failed to make the Detroit Red Wings’ playoff roster and was recently sent to the team’s AHL affiliate, but he seems to be maintaining a pretty good attitude nonetheless.
While walking to the locker room during a recent game, Tootoo spotted a young fan and completely made the kid’s night (or week, or probably his entire life) by letting him keep his hockey stick. Seriously, has anyone else ever known euphoria like this?
Meanwhile, though, another young fan (who you’ll notice in the top right corner of the video) is just looking for a high-five, and Tootoo totally leaves him hanging. That boy’s complete and utter despair kind of cancels out this other kid’s unadulterated joy, reminding us once again that the world is a dark place and life is ultimately pointless and nothing really matters. Bye.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement