You might not expect an ad for hair dye to be especially romantic, but hair cosmetics company Schwarzkopf Professional may have pulled it off. The spot, developed by the ad agency BBDO Germany, features a man enumerating the charming idiosyncrasies of his girlfriend—the way she laughs at bad jokes, her weakness for junk food, her love of a sunlit bedroom. The two-minute ad takes a surprising twist at the end that makes it all the more charming.
Though the ad encourages viewers to celebrate love “not just on Valentine’s Day,” it’s clearly timed to take advantage of the spending spree that accompanies the holiday. The National Retail Foundation estimates that the average American who celebrates Valentine’s Day will spend more than $130 on candy, cards, gifts and dinner. In total Americans are expected to spend $17.3 billion.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction