Men’s clothing retailer Jos. A. Bank said Friday that it’s buying Eddie Bauer’s parent company Friday as a part of an $825 million deal.
This is bad news for Men’s Wearhouse, however, which has been trying to take over of the smaller Jos. A. Bank. In January, Men’s Wearhouse put in a hostile bid of a $1.6 billion cash offer to Joss. A. Bank—which had tried to buy Men’s Wearhouse for $2.3 billion last year. Both bids were rejected, although Men’s Wearhouse said it would come back with more money.
The announcement sent Jos. A. Bank’s shares up 4 percent in pre-market trading.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023