Academy Award winner Jodie Foster over the weekend married her girlfriend of a year, Alexandra Hedison.
Foster, 51, began dating Hedison last summer, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Hedison, a photographer, was formerly in a relationship with Ellen DeGeneres until 2004.
Little more than a year ago, Foster gave a news-making speech in accepting a lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes that many saw as her public coming out.
“I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age,” she said, “But now I’m told, apparently, that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press conference, a fragrance and a prime-time reality show….No, I’m sorry, that’s just not me. It never was and it never will be.”
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up