Even cops have to be careful what they wish for.
The New York Police department asked Twitter users to share pictures of themselves posing with police officers using the hashtag #myNYPD — only to have their feed flooded by pictures showing police roughing up protesters.
Pictures of happy citizens posing with cops were supplanted by a wave of negative photos starting with Occupy Wall Street’s image of cops fighting with demonstrators carrying the message “changing hearts and minds one baton at a time.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out