Even cops have to be careful what they wish for.
The New York Police department asked Twitter users to share pictures of themselves posing with police officers using the hashtag #myNYPD — only to have their feed flooded by pictures showing police roughing up protesters.
Pictures of happy citizens posing with cops were supplanted by a wave of negative photos starting with Occupy Wall Street’s image of cops fighting with demonstrators carrying the message “changing hearts and minds one baton at a time.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving