They’ve been name one of the most influential couples in the world, but the husband and wife who wrote the music for “Frozen” think someone might have made a mistake. “The fact that we’re even on this list made us laugh really hard,” says composer Kristen Anderson-Lopez.”We wrote the music for a Disney princess movie!” Not just a Disney princess movie, THE Disney princess movie. Frozen is the highest grossing animated film of all time and a bona fide cultural phenomenon, as anyone knows who’s enjoyed the indelible ear worm from the film, Let it Go. The song-writing stars are hardly strangers to success, having won Tonys, Emmys, and Grammys for their work on hit Broadway musicals like Avenue Q, The Book of Mormon, and the children’s TV hit The Wonder Pets. But it was their soundtrack for Frozen that sold 2.3 million copies and won them a (first) Oscar. That made Robert Lopez a member of an elite group who have scored an EGOT — Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism