Sheila Ranea Crabtree wanted to be Sexy. Now, an Ohio judge has made it official.
Last month, the Pataskala, Ohio resident filed for a name change, and after filling out a form and paying for a court fee last week, she made her case Tuesday before a local judge, reports the Columbus Dispatch. The judge heard Crabtree’s case before deciding, yes, she demonstrated “reasonable and proper cause” to be renamed “Sexy.”
“The court will grant you your request,” Hoover said, after asking Crabtree whether her teenage daughters were okay with the new moniker.
Crabtree said she hated her old name “Sheila,” referring to it as Ugly.
But why “Sexy”?
“I wear Victoria’s Secret clothes all the time,” Crabtree said when she filed for a name change. “I was like, ‘Shoot, I’ll just go for Sexy.'”
Plus, Sexy said, she’s a “free-spirited person” who “loves to have fun.” Her husband added, “It’s just perfect for her.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time