Sheila Ranea Crabtree wanted to be Sexy. Now, an Ohio judge has made it official.
Last month, the Pataskala, Ohio resident filed for a name change, and after filling out a form and paying for a court fee last week, she made her case Tuesday before a local judge, reports the Columbus Dispatch. The judge heard Crabtree’s case before deciding, yes, she demonstrated “reasonable and proper cause” to be renamed “Sexy.”
“The court will grant you your request,” Hoover said, after asking Crabtree whether her teenage daughters were okay with the new moniker.
Crabtree said she hated her old name “Sheila,” referring to it as Ugly.
But why “Sexy”?
“I wear Victoria’s Secret clothes all the time,” Crabtree said when she filed for a name change. “I was like, ‘Shoot, I’ll just go for Sexy.'”
Plus, Sexy said, she’s a “free-spirited person” who “loves to have fun.” Her husband added, “It’s just perfect for her.”
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'