Correction appended, April 24, 2014.
I don’t laugh out loud much anymore. I have seen way too much comedy, and one might say I am dead inside. But Key and Peele make me laugh — hard. [time-related-module]
These guys are crazy funny. They are smart, satirical, ridiculous, pointless, political, subversive, immature and important all at the same time. They know what they are doing and are ready for their moment.
I’m equally impressed by their friendship. These two men seem amazed and grateful to have found each other. And they come alive when kicking around ideas, in perfect sync, offering ways to build and expand each other’s premises. It is a wonder to behold.
We are writing a screenplay together, and I hope one day we make a movie. But regardless, every time I leave a meeting with them, I feel like I have been a part of something very special. It is comedy and love dancing together, and it is the best of the human race. (I think I went too far — but they are funny.)
Apatow is a producer, director and Emmy-winning screenwriter
Correction: The original version of this post misrepresented Apatow’s accolade. He is an Emmy-winning screenwriter.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief