Correction appended, April 24, 2014.
I don’t laugh out loud much anymore. I have seen way too much comedy, and one might say I am dead inside. But Key and Peele make me laugh — hard. [time-related-module]
These guys are crazy funny. They are smart, satirical, ridiculous, pointless, political, subversive, immature and important all at the same time. They know what they are doing and are ready for their moment.
I’m equally impressed by their friendship. These two men seem amazed and grateful to have found each other. And they come alive when kicking around ideas, in perfect sync, offering ways to build and expand each other’s premises. It is a wonder to behold.
We are writing a screenplay together, and I hope one day we make a movie. But regardless, every time I leave a meeting with them, I feel like I have been a part of something very special. It is comedy and love dancing together, and it is the best of the human race. (I think I went too far — but they are funny.)
Apatow is a producer, director and Emmy-winning screenwriter
Correction: The original version of this post misrepresented Apatow’s accolade. He is an Emmy-winning screenwriter.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State