Häagen Daz Japan will debut two vegetable flavors, Carrot Orange and Cherry Tomato, on May 12. Here’s a glimpse at other wacky new ice cream flavors that have been publicized worldwide so far in 2014:
• Soy sauce ice cream with wasabi sesame topping at Chinatown Ice Cream Factory in New York City.
• Blackberry Sage at Treat Dreams in Ferndale, Michigan, is exactly what it sound like: blackberries and fresh sage.
• Lick Ice Creams in Austin, Texas, has made Grapefruit Champagne Marshmallow, grapefruit ice cream with “champagne marshmallows.”
• Ample Hills Creamery in Brooklyn, New York, announced a whiskey butterscotch flavor boasting “homemade whiskey toffee coated in white chocolate.”
• Butterscotch Rosemary Budino ice creamis the new spring flavor offered by Coolhaus, a fleet of artisanal ice cream sandwich trucks nationwide.
• Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams rolled out a pine-flavored Oregon Fir and Cedarwood Vanilla with a “small amount of Peru balsam (extracted from an Ecuadorian wood).”
• In Scottsdale, Arizona, Sweet Republic offers a beer ice cream, Hop Knot IPA.
• Baskin-Robbins unveiled popcorn ice cream with buttered popcorn crisps and salty caramel ribbon.
Movie night! How about a scoop of Movie Theater Popcorn after your movie theater popcorn? pic.twitter.com/ntpQn1Y5Og
— Baskin-Robbins (@BaskinRobbins) January 19, 2014
• Salt & Straw in Portland, Oregon, says honey nougat and “heavy ribbons of bacon infused caramel plus candied pecans” make up its Xocolatl de Davíd Bacon Raleigh Bar Ice Cream.
• U.K. ice cream maker Charlie Harry of “Lick Me I’m Delicious” claims that his Viagra flavor “The Arousal” contains a 25mg dose of the blue male-enhancement pill in each scoop and tastes like champagne. He is also known for a “glow in the dark” kind made from the luminescent protein in jellyfish.
MORE: Two Scoops of Ube
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears