Most Americans do not realize all Eric Holder has done to protect their freedom. He has worked tirelessly to ensure equal justice, even when some try to tip the scale in favor of a select few. Despite continued challenges designed to weaken our commitment to fairness, he defends the rights of all Americans. He has confronted the banking industry over mortgage fraud and tax evasion. He has taken on the states over restrictive voting practices, discriminatory sentencing and anti-immigration laws. And he has prosecuted terrorists who intended Americans harm. Before the Supreme Court abolished the Defense of Marriage Act, he boldly chose not to pursue cases based on unjust law. Holder uses his power to defend Americans’ freedoms and thus our values of democracy and justice.
Lewis is a U.S. Representative from Georgia
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time