Animal friendships are a wonderfully perplexing part of life. So intriguing, in fact, that TIME did a whole cover story about them in 2012. Anyway, here’s an exciting new development in the realm of surprising animal camaraderie: a meerkat befriended a Siberian Husky at the Rostock Ritz Desert Lodge in Namibia.
The dog doesn’t seem super into it at first, but the persistent little meerkat chips away at him until he gives in to the inevitable best friendship, and it’s a beautiful thing.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time