Animal friendships are a wonderfully perplexing part of life. So intriguing, in fact, that TIME did a whole cover story about them in 2012. Anyway, here’s an exciting new development in the realm of surprising animal camaraderie: a meerkat befriended a Siberian Husky at the Rostock Ritz Desert Lodge in Namibia.
The dog doesn’t seem super into it at first, but the persistent little meerkat chips away at him until he gives in to the inevitable best friendship, and it’s a beautiful thing.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State