Animal friendships are a wonderfully perplexing part of life. So intriguing, in fact, that TIME did a whole cover story about them in 2012. Anyway, here’s an exciting new development in the realm of surprising animal camaraderie: a meerkat befriended a Siberian Husky at the Rostock Ritz Desert Lodge in Namibia.
The dog doesn’t seem super into it at first, but the persistent little meerkat chips away at him until he gives in to the inevitable best friendship, and it’s a beautiful thing.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction