Mike Mitchell, an artist perhaps best known for his rendition of Conan O’Brien in his iconic “I’m With COCO” poster, has teamed up with Austin’s Mondo Gallery to present approximately 50 portraits of characters from throughout the Marvel universe. His subjects range from the popular Avengers such as Iron Man and Captain America to lesser-known characters within the Marvel pantheon such as Black Cat and Mysterio.
“My love for Marvel Comics was an integral part of growing up,” Mitchell said in a press release. “Not just the comics, but the action figures, video games and cartoons. My intention with this show was to take those characters out of their action-oriented world and give them a moment of silence to catch their breath. There’s a humanizing quality to that which I find extremely interesting.”
Mitchell’s Marvel portraits will be featured in the “Mike Mitchell x Marvel x Mondo” exhibit at the Mondo Gallery in Austin, TX from April 25 through May 17.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time