A new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II has been released in honor of her 88th birthday, which falls on Monday, April 21. And if we may be so bold, she’s looking pretty great.
British photographer David Bailey took the simple black-and-white portrait at Buckingham Palace, the BBC reports. Bailey said he’s always been a big fan of the Queen.
“She has very kind eyes with a mischievous glint,” Bailey said. “I’ve always liked strong women, and she is a very strong woman.”
Well, anyway — happy birthday, Queen Elizabeth! Most people hope to be treated like queens on their birthdays, but you already are one! Good job.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer