A new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II has been released in honor of her 88th birthday, which falls on Monday, April 21. And if we may be so bold, she’s looking pretty great.
British photographer David Bailey took the simple black-and-white portrait at Buckingham Palace, the BBC reports. Bailey said he’s always been a big fan of the Queen.
“She has very kind eyes with a mischievous glint,” Bailey said. “I’ve always liked strong women, and she is a very strong woman.”
Well, anyway — happy birthday, Queen Elizabeth! Most people hope to be treated like queens on their birthdays, but you already are one! Good job.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow