Since we first published Maggie’s harrowing story of domestic abuse in late February on LightBox and in TIME, and since the arrest of Maggie’s ex-boyfriend, Shane, photographer Sara Naomi Lewkowicz has continued to document Maggie’s story in photographs and video. Here, TIME presents the multimedia version of the story, providing an update on Maggie’s life as she copes with the challenges of moving on and taking care of her family.
Sara Naomi Lewkowicz is a photographer and first year graduate student at Ohio University in Athens.
Readers who feel they–or people they know–need assistance can call the National Domestic Violence hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time