Now if he had followed it up with a moonwalk, things might have ended differently.
The National Hockey League levied a $25,000 fine against Joel Quenneville, coach of the Chicago Blackhawks, for grabbing his crotch during a playoff-game tirade, the league announced Friday.
In double overtime Thursday night during game one of the playoffs with the St. Louis Blues, Quenneville launched into an excited outburst after an official failed to call a penalty he thought should have been called, Sports Illustrated reports. After shouting and waving his arms about he punctuated the end of his address by grabbing his crotch in the manner of Michael Jackson or streetwise toughs looking to start a fight.
“I was definitely excited, disappointed [in] the call, but I’ll apologize for my behavior,” Quenneville said. “It wasn’t appropriate at all. It was a bush-league move on my part.”
Bush league or not, the Internet loved it.
(turn your sound on)
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer