Now if he had followed it up with a moonwalk, things might have ended differently.
The National Hockey League levied a $25,000 fine against Joel Quenneville, coach of the Chicago Blackhawks, for grabbing his crotch during a playoff-game tirade, the league announced Friday.
In double overtime Thursday night during game one of the playoffs with the St. Louis Blues, Quenneville launched into an excited outburst after an official failed to call a penalty he thought should have been called, Sports Illustrated reports. After shouting and waving his arms about he punctuated the end of his address by grabbing his crotch in the manner of Michael Jackson or streetwise toughs looking to start a fight.
“I was definitely excited, disappointed [in] the call, but I’ll apologize for my behavior,” Quenneville said. “It wasn’t appropriate at all. It was a bush-league move on my part.”
Bush league or not, the Internet loved it.
(turn your sound on)
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time