In a column for The Denver Post titled “My vape pen and I, a love story,” published Thursday, Whoopi Goldberg extols the virtues of marijuana and describes her close relationship with her vaporizer pen.
“The vape pen has changed my life. No, I’m not exaggerating. In fact, her name is Sippy. Yes, she’s a she. And yes, I named her Sippy because I take tiny, little sips — sassy sips, even — from her. And with each sip comes relief — from pressure, pain, stress, discomfort,” Goldberg writes. Her column appeared in the Colorado paper’s marijuana section, The Cannabist.
The vaporizer pen, she says, offers relief from severe headaches caused by her glaucoma and allows her to control the amount of THC—the active ingredient in marijuana—she ingests. She says she’s discrete when using the implement in places where medicinal marijuana is not legal.
Goldberg, who quit smoking cigarettes two years ago, says she tried smoking joints but found it too harsh—that’s when her daughter turned her on to the vaporizer.
“I took a sip. It was beautiful. And my pen and I have been together ever since.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms