As legend has it, Steve Jobs gave a talk at a conference in Aspen back in 1983 and, as part of the conference, donated the Apple Lisa mouse he used during the presentation to a giant time capsule that was later buried nearby.
CNET’s Daniel Terdiman reports that the time capsule was to be dug up in 2000, but the location of the capsule got all discombobulated due “in part to a major landscaping project in the area.”
However, a National Geographic show called “Diggers” found and unearthed the capsule last fall. The episode spotlighting the unearthing will air February 25, but here’s CNET’s exclusive clip of the event.
These guys are excited, no? Like, over-the-top TV excited.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time