Dear Pregnancy Pundit,
Yesterday I let slip that I’m expecting. But my mom is expecting a big new job. Will getting pregnant screw up my mom’s career?
That depends. As USA Today put it, “It’s unclear how [your] pregnancy will affect [your mom], who is considering a race for president in 2016.”
But many other presidents have had grandchildren while in office.
Most of these presidents are dead. All of them are men. This raises an interesting question. If it’s ordinary when it happens to “regular” women, is it extraordinary when it happens to a woman candidate?
Hi again Pregnancy Pundit,
I keep feeling happy for myself, even though I know this is really about my mom. What can I do to be less selfish?
We both know you can’t have it all. It might help you feel less guilty to participate in a choreographed family tweet-off about your news. That will show that you’re a team player.
Sorry last question. Politico published a photo retrospective of my life. Am I dying?
You’re not dying. But your whole purpose these last 20 years has been to illuminate whether your parents would become grandparents. Now that we know the answer, it’s time for a sentimental look back.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms