Team USA snowboarder Arielle Gold suffered a shoulder injury Wednesday and will not compete in the Olympics.
Gold, 17, was training before her heat when she crashed in the Rosa Khuto halfpipe, USA Today reports. She was considered a medal contender in the event after becoming the second-youngest snowboarder to win the FIS World Snowboarding Championship last year.
American snowboarder Shaun White dropped out of last Saturday’s slopestyle snowboarding competition and came in a disappointing fourth in the men’s halfpipe Tuesday.
- 'When in God's Name Are We Going to Stand Up to the Gun Lobby?' Biden, Anguished, Reacts to Texas School Massacre
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.