Team USA snowboarder Arielle Gold suffered a shoulder injury Wednesday and will not compete in the Olympics.
Gold, 17, was training before her heat when she crashed in the Rosa Khuto halfpipe, USA Today reports. She was considered a medal contender in the event after becoming the second-youngest snowboarder to win the FIS World Snowboarding Championship last year.
American snowboarder Shaun White dropped out of last Saturday’s slopestyle snowboarding competition and came in a disappointing fourth in the men’s halfpipe Tuesday.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World