OutKast is coming to a festival stage near you.
The rap duo announced that it will hit the summer circuit in full force by appearing at more than 40 shows this summer. Billboard reports the duo turned to newly created social media accounts to share the news with their fans:
The statement comes on the heels of the announcement that OutKast will headline the annual Coachella festival in Indio, Calif., to celebrate the Southern-fried duo’s 20th anniversary.
“And imagine, all we wanted to do was rap! I am thankful to have been a part of a group that allowed me to explore anything that came to mind and have fun doing it. Returning to the stage together is the most exciting way for us to thank everyone for their 20 years of supporting Outkast,” said André 3000 in an extended message on the Outkast site.
Fans have anticipated the reunion of the coolest motherfunkers on the planet ever since they took a break following the release in 2006 of the ambitious Idlewild. Rumor has it that record label politics have prevented the twosome from recording together as OutKast in the past.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time