A terrier has taken Westminster’s Best in Show award for the 46th time, or stolen it, judging from the reaction of the crowd.
The New York Times reports that spectators at Madison Square Garden erupted into roars of approval each time Nathan the bloodhound appeared on the jumbo screen, but the odds favored Sky, the wire fox terrier, a breed that has historically licked the competition, so to speak. Bloodhounds have carried home a paltry five awards.
Judges said Sky’s final paces across the floor were spellbinding. “She just said, ‘Pick me,’ ” one of the judges explained to the New York Times. And so they did.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve