The new video for the track features the Lego doppelgangers of Tegan and Sara Quinn as well as The Lonely Island comedians and bandmates Akiva Schaffer, Andy Samberg and Jorma Taccone. Set to a dizzying electro-beat, The Lonely Island boys rap while Tegan and Sara assert, “Everything is better when we stick together.”
Alongside the requisite clips from the film, the music video is filled with D.I.Y.-looking stop-motion animation that is reminiscent of something a kid would make on a camcorder. It’s only appropriate, because an actual six-year old named Markus Jolly sketched the drawings for the video.
Sorry, Frozen, but is it too late to nominate this for the Oscar for Best Song?
The LEGO Movie Soundtrack hits stores today and also features music by Devo‘s Mark Mothersbaugh.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow