The new video for the track features the Lego doppelgangers of Tegan and Sara Quinn as well as The Lonely Island comedians and bandmates Akiva Schaffer, Andy Samberg and Jorma Taccone. Set to a dizzying electro-beat, The Lonely Island boys rap while Tegan and Sara assert, “Everything is better when we stick together.”
Alongside the requisite clips from the film, the music video is filled with D.I.Y.-looking stop-motion animation that is reminiscent of something a kid would make on a camcorder. It’s only appropriate, because an actual six-year old named Markus Jolly sketched the drawings for the video.
Sorry, Frozen, but is it too late to nominate this for the Oscar for Best Song?
The LEGO Movie Soundtrack hits stores today and also features music by Devo‘s Mark Mothersbaugh.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving