— DannyPlainview (@SideCG) February 10, 2014
Canadians competing at Sochi have a leg up on their rivals, at least when it comes to beverages: A beer fridge has reportedly been installed in country’s Olympic House. Canadians love their beer so much that beer company Molson Canadian made a vending machine that made sure nationals could get a free brew at any moment, just as long as they have their passports. Also spotted last year in London and Brussels, the beer fridge works by taking a photo of people’s passports to verify their authenticity, then doling out a cold brew.
Canadian have plenty to toast at the games, too. As of Monday night, they were in a three-way medal tie with Norway and the Netherlands, with seven medals each.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org