Two fire engines collided while responding to a house fire Wednesday in Monterey Park, Cali., sending one of the vehicles hurtling into a Chinese restaurant, injuring fifteen people.
One of the victims was left in a critical condition after the accident.
Among the nine people admitted to the Los Angeles County USC Medical Center were five firefighters and a pedestrian whose leg was mangled as he was hurled into the restaurant from the pavement.
The crash is being investigated by the California Highway Patrol’s major accident team.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow