It’s always a hassle getting called for jury duty. This is something all of us can agree on. Now, there’s a dog out there who can also agree on this, because she too got called in to fulfill her civic duty.
Yes, really. Last week, New Jersey’s Cumberland County sent a jury summons to resident IV Griner. But IV Griner is not a person. She’s a German Shepherd. Her owner, Barrett Griner, tells CBS Philly that he figured out the mishap quickly, but it was still pretty funny. His full name is Barrett Griner IV, so a computer likely mistook the roman numerals for his first name before the summons was mailed out.
So unfortunately, no, the five-year-old pooch will not be serving on a jury. Although that could actually make for a pretty compelling TV series, right? The German Shepherd who turns out to be a very skilled juror and ends up working her way up through the ranks of the local justice system? If anyone from HBO is reading this, we’ve got plenty more ideas where that came from.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time