It’s always a hassle getting called for jury duty. This is something all of us can agree on. Now, there’s a dog out there who can also agree on this, because she too got called in to fulfill her civic duty.
Yes, really. Last week, New Jersey’s Cumberland County sent a jury summons to resident IV Griner. But IV Griner is not a person. She’s a German Shepherd. Her owner, Barrett Griner, tells CBS Philly that he figured out the mishap quickly, but it was still pretty funny. His full name is Barrett Griner IV, so a computer likely mistook the roman numerals for his first name before the summons was mailed out.
So unfortunately, no, the five-year-old pooch will not be serving on a jury. Although that could actually make for a pretty compelling TV series, right? The German Shepherd who turns out to be a very skilled juror and ends up working her way up through the ranks of the local justice system? If anyone from HBO is reading this, we’ve got plenty more ideas where that came from.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space