Filming on Fast & Furious 7 will continue with Paul Walker’s brothers filling in for the late actor.
A statement published on the official Fast & Furious Facebook page revealed that Caleb and Cody Walker have helped the production complete the action scenes that were not shot before Paul Walker died in a car accident in November. Walker, 40, completed most of his filming before his death.
“We came together and all felt the only choice was to continue,” the statement reads. “We believe our fans want that, and we believe Paul would want that too. Paul had already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action for FAST & FURIOUS 7, and it’s among the strongest work of his career.”
Universal Pictures suspended production on Fast & Furious 7 in December following Walker’s death. According to The Hollywood Reporter, his character will retire in the upcoming film, not be killed off.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate