The new trailer for Obvious Child — starring Jenny Slate and Jake Lacy of The Office fame — doesn’t shy away from the signs that it’s a comedy. Farting? Check. Stand-up sets? Check. Bad break-ups and silly dates? Check and check.
Unplanned pregnancy and abortion? Those too. (And yes, it’s still a romantic comedy — not an advocacy film.)
Slate plays Donna, a New York comedian struggling with her career, her relationships, her family and pretty much everything else. When she meets Max, played by Lacy, it seems like he might take her mind off things — until their fun night has some major consequences. The movie also stars Gaby Hoffman, Polly Draper, Richard Kind and David Cross, to add to the comedy checklist, and arrives in select theaters June 6.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now