Mindy Kaling stopped by Conan Monday night to express the deep displeasure she has when coworkers celebrate birthdays at work.
The Mindy Project star discussed everything from the tempo at which her coworkers sing “Happy Birthday” to why she doesn’t give her writers birthday presents.
“Everyone was like, ‘You’re a dictator! Go back to North Korea! We wanna have mirth at our workplace!'” Kaling said.
The only question is: what happens when it’s her birthday?
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com