IFC has released a trailer for God’s Pocket, starring Philip Seymour Hoffman in one of his last roles before his untimely death on Feb. 2.
The late actor plays Mickey, a working class man living in Philadelphia who gets caught up in a cover-up after the death of his stepson, which becomes complicated after a journalist begins asking questions. Along with Hoffman, God’s Pocket stars Richard Jenkins, Christina Hendricks and John Turturro.
The story is based on the 1983 novel by Pete Dexter and the big-screen version marks the full-length directorial debut of Mad Men‘s John Slattery. The movie premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and it hits select U.S. theaters on May 9.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space