This YouTube video shows a female flight attendant giving the standard in-flight safety lecture in a series of rapid-fire zingers on a Southwest Airlines flight to Salt Lake City. Another female colleague demonstrated how a floatation device works, or “your very own teeny-weeny yellow Southwest bikini,” as the jokester put it. She also said, as that same colleague walked down the aisle to do final checks, “The flight attendants are coming by, hoping you’ll tell them how good looking they are.”
Southwest Airlines has a history of entertaining flight attendants. Renee Allen sang — literally sang country music-style — praises about the food, beverage, and blanket options on a flight to Raleigh, while David Holmes will forever be known as the “rapping flight attendant”, for a 2009 performance on a flight to Las Vegas that went viral.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time