Bloomberg — Police in Longmont, Colorado, are investigating a weekend arson fire that damaged a Christian pregnancy center just hours after the US Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.
The blaze struck the Life Choices ministry early Saturday, according to a press release issued by city officials. The building was also painted with graffiti reading “If abortion aren’t safe, neither are you” and “Bans off our bodies” along with the letter A in a circle.
No injuries were reported but “the building sustained fire and heavy smoke damage,” according to officials in the city of 96,000, located roughly 36 miles northwest of Denver.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma