At 3:07 a.m. E.T. Tuesday, the moon will show the bright red blush of an eclipse, a celestial phenomenon explained by TIME science editor Jeffrey Kluger here. Starting at 2 a.m. E.T., watch live coverage of the celestial event above hosted by Slooh observatory director Paul Cox and Slooh astronomer Bob Berman, who will be reporting live from Prescott Observatory in Prescott, Ariz.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time