When a bunch of college students at Harvard signed up for Facebook 10 years ago, they had no idea they were becoming ultimate trendsetters by being the first of the social network’s 1.2 billion users.
Business Insider has tracked down the 20 first people to get a profile and has done a neat click-through showing where they are today. Unsurprisingly, almost all of them were Harvard students and friends with Facebook’s founders. Today many of them are working in the technology industry.
You can see who the 20 pioneers are here.
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll