Ring the alarm! A French paparazzo is spreading the rumor that Barack Obama is having an affair with — wait for it — Beyoncé. Yes, that Beyoncé.
The photographer Pascal Rostain believes that the news of the high-profile affair will run in the Washington Post tomorrow. His comments were published by Le Figaro, a reputable French newspaper:
The Washington Post clarified to Poynter that they will be publishing no such report. Obviously.
So where did this rumor originate? Another quote from Rostain gives us a bit of insight:
Right, sure, okay.
It’s worth noting that this rumor emerges the same week the French President Francois Hollande visits the White House; Hollande has spent the last several weeks embroiled in his own media frenzy surrounding his high-profile affair with French actress Julie Gayet.
Ever since that funeral selfie with Denmark Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, the world really seems to want to see discord between the Obamas — but unfortunately for the international paparazzi, my guess is that there will be some great show of cuteness in the West Wing for Valentine’s Day this week. I mean, just look at their Instagram:
As for Beyoncé and Jay-Z? I don’t think their flame is going out anytime soon.
Sorry, Hollande. You’re on your own.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time