Ring the alarm! A French paparazzo is spreading the rumor that Barack Obama is having an affair with — wait for it — Beyoncé. Yes, that Beyoncé.
The photographer Pascal Rostain believes that the news of the high-profile affair will run in the Washington Post tomorrow. His comments were published by Le Figaro, a reputable French newspaper:
The Washington Post clarified to Poynter that they will be publishing no such report. Obviously.
So where did this rumor originate? Another quote from Rostain gives us a bit of insight:
Right, sure, okay.
It’s worth noting that this rumor emerges the same week the French President Francois Hollande visits the White House; Hollande has spent the last several weeks embroiled in his own media frenzy surrounding his high-profile affair with French actress Julie Gayet.
Ever since that funeral selfie with Denmark Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, the world really seems to want to see discord between the Obamas — but unfortunately for the international paparazzi, my guess is that there will be some great show of cuteness in the West Wing for Valentine’s Day this week. I mean, just look at their Instagram:
As for Beyoncé and Jay-Z? I don’t think their flame is going out anytime soon.
Sorry, Hollande. You’re on your own.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time