Facebook generated a slideshow retrospective for every user last week in honor of its 10th anniversary—even if they didn’t ask for them. So generous! These “Look Back” videos mostly compile embarrassing photographs and corny or otherwise unsubstantial status updates, all set to emotionally manipulative orchestral music.
Luckily, someone crafted one of these Facebook-nostalgia reels for somebody who’s a lot more exciting than the average Facebook user: Walter White. The video provides a tidy, one-minute look into the journey of the Breaking Bad anti-hero, from nondescript high school chemistry teacher to ruthless drug lord, all through the lens of his theoretical Facebook page.
The funny thing is: about 70 percent of all your Facebook friends’ Look Back videos probably included a status update about how they felt about the Breaking Bad finale. So just ignore those people and revel in the life of Walter White himself.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.