This Sept. 25 at 1 p.m. ET, join TIME as we bring you Global Citizen Live, a worldwide, 24-hour concert aiming to defend the planet from climate change, put an end to global poverty and end the pandemic, with performances across six continents from music legends ranging from Billie Eilish to Elton John to Metallica (see a full list of performing artists here). Concerts will be held in New York City, London, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos and more.
Global Citizen Live is organized by Global Citizen, an international advocacy organization working to help people “learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions—as part of a global community committed to lasting change.”
TIME is a broadcast partner for Global Citizen Live.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow