You’ve found the perfect mate, but there’s one nagging problem: She snores. Not just a cute, little barely-there snore you can tease her about in the morning, but a full-on choo-choo train that blares without fail right when you’re in deep sleep mode.
Now the clever folks at Hammacher Schlemmer have devised a solution that – if it actually works – could help you sleep as soundly as your sweetie. The contoured Snore Activated Nudging Pillow features a motorized air bladder that automatically inflates three inches when the pillow’s built-in microphone detects snoring sounds. According to the retailer, that’s “just enough movement to roust a sleeper into moving head or body position.” We want to believe it’s true, we really do.
The $150 pillow isn’t ideal for tosses, turners or snugglers, though. Since you have to plug it into a wall-socket, you can’t move it around as freely as regular pillows. What’s more, your head has to be directly atop it to feel it inflate. But if it works well enough to keep you from fleeing to the couch for some peace and quiet, it could put the fun back in sleepovers.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time