Hootie hoo! OutKast’s entire one-and-a-half hour set at Coachella is available on YouTube.
Andre 3000 and Big Boi reunited for the first time in eight years to headline the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on Friday, returning to the old hits and hitting their major albums all the way back to the 1990s’ ATLiens and Aquemini.
Old-school hip-hop heads also rejoiced at the less well-known favorites like “Rosa Park,” “Skew it on the Bar-B” and the famous horn riff on “SpottieOttieDopaliscious.” There was something at the massive LA music festival for the greener Outkast fans, too, as the duo rocked it on “Ms. Jackson” and “The Way You Move.”
The pair had to cut the set short at 1:00 a.m., eliciting boos from the crowd and apologies from Andre, but the abrupt finish wasn’t enough to kill the buzz after the exuberant “Hey Ya.”
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022