Hootie hoo! OutKast’s entire one-and-a-half hour set at Coachella is available on YouTube.
Andre 3000 and Big Boi reunited for the first time in eight years to headline the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on Friday, returning to the old hits and hitting their major albums all the way back to the 1990s’ ATLiens and Aquemini.
Old-school hip-hop heads also rejoiced at the less well-known favorites like “Rosa Park,” “Skew it on the Bar-B” and the famous horn riff on “SpottieOttieDopaliscious.” There was something at the massive LA music festival for the greener Outkast fans, too, as the duo rocked it on “Ms. Jackson” and “The Way You Move.”
The pair had to cut the set short at 1:00 a.m., eliciting boos from the crowd and apologies from Andre, but the abrupt finish wasn’t enough to kill the buzz after the exuberant “Hey Ya.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time