Another day, another serfbort: Beyoncé’s “Drunk In Love” has been covered, remixed and parodied so many times since it came out, you’d think she made a bet with the “Let It Go” songwriters to see who could break the Internet first.
Yesterday rapper Angel Haze dropped her aggressive remix of the ode to marital sexytime, and today English crooner and certified Taylor Swift BFF Ed Sheeran took to the airwaves to unleash his own take on the track. After teasing a cover of the song back in March, Sheeran told Elvis Duran and the Z100 Morning Show that popular demand inspired him to go for a full version. Somehow — perhaps because of his accent — Sheeran sounds as comfortable belting out the song’s hook as he does spitting out it’s woozy, half-rapped second verse.
Kudos to him: It takes skill to make lyrics about getting hot and heavy on the kitchen floor sound adorable.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer