Long before he was tapped to replace David Letterman on CBS’s “The Late Show,” Stephen Colbert was making his mark on late night television. From his “reporting” on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,” to his own “The Colbert Report,” to black-tie events, rallies and animated movies, the one time actor and comedy writer who pronounces his surname with a silent “t” has become synonymous with no-holds-barred, politically-charged satire, at all hours of the day.
ICYMI, here’s a handy compilation of some of Colbert’s most memorable TV moments from the past 12 years.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out