Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg on Thursday sought to dispel rumors that she’s considering a run for political office.
“I have no plans to run for office,” Sandberg, the Lean In author who once worked at the Treasury Department and has become known as a fierce advocate for women taking charge of their careers, told CNN. “I really love working at Facebook.” The best-selling author had made the point a day earlier in a Today show interview. “I don’t think that’s for me,” said the best-selling author.
Sandberg’s sale of over half of her Facebook shares helped fuel rumors that she was considering a move away from the social media company.
“I love my job,” Sandberg said. “I love what we do every day to connect the world and I love being able to work on Lean In in my personal time.”
Her second book, Lean In: For Graduates, was released on Tuesday.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time