Police in the northern Nigerian state of Kano said Wasilu Umar admitted putting rat poison in her husband’s food, BBC reports. Three of her husband’s friends who ate the same food were also killed, and 10 were hospitalized. She is likely to be put on trial in a juvenile court.
Police Superintendent Musa Magaji Majia said that the marriage between Umar and 35-year-old Umaru Sani had taken place the previous week. The poisoning happend during a celebratory gathering in his village 60 miles north of the city of Kano.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time