The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has a lot of us feeling like we’re missing out even if it’s for a good reason—and one little girl has gone viral after letting it all out in a very relatable meltdown.
In the video, shared by Twitter user @Ngu_Spesh, a five-year-old little girl by the name of Blake expresses her ongoing frustration over restaurant shutdowns, the lack of fun in the world these days, and germs (“Why would germs come around to people if they don’t want germs to come around?”). She can’t go inside at McDonald’s, her favorite restaurant, the ice cream truck is closed, and “everything that is fun has to be shutdown.”
“The only thing that is open is nothing!” she shouts at one point, which feels very true. When she says, “It’s just really frustrating!” it’s nearly impossible to watch without nodding your head in agreement. As the pandemic rages on in the U.S., restaurants close and reopen and close again, as lockdown orders come and go, this is one incredibly relatable grievance, which is why the tiny tirade has spread across social media:
While the tiny human was impressive and impassioned, so were her parents who let her vent her frustrations, listened to her complaints, and seemed to value her voice, all of which drew the attention of Twitter, too.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.