Two people were killed and four injured in a shooting at a bar in Hartsville, S.C., early Sunday, officials said.
The shooting occurred at a Hartsville bar named Mac’s Lounge, Hartsville Police Department public information officer Lauren Baker confirmed. Police were called to the scene at 1:59 a.m., the Hartsville Police Department said in a statement.
Two suspects are now in custody, police announced Monday.
The four people injured are being treated at local hospitals, police said. South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and the U.S. Marshalls are taking part in the investigation.
The officials did not comment on the shooter’s motive.
The business serves as a sports bar and musical venue, according to its Facebook page.
Hartsville is in northeastern South Carolina, about 21 miles from the city of Florence.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization